Then, patients need to follow these simple guidelines:
1. Place the jar, lid, and metal tongs inside the saucepan.
2. Fill the pan with clean tap water until covering the jar.
3. Boil the water for 30 minutes.
4. After it has boiled for 30 minutes straight, allow it to cool down until the tongs inside can be touched with the hands.
5. Pick up the jar with the tongs and place it on a table.
6. Measure one teaspoon of salt and put it in the jar.
7. Using the tongs, place the lid on the jar.
8. Tighten the lid and shake the solution to mix thoroughly.
9. Store the solution in a refrigerator and use it for 3 days.
10. Instill saline solution using a standard eyedropper or atomizer.
11. Discard the unused saline solution after 3 days.
12. Make more saline as you need.
Check our complete guide for stoma care.
Please consider joining our Labex Support Center for Laryngectomee FB group: