Self-assistance for Labex Harmony Electrolarynx
Labex Harmony Electrolarynx comes ready to use. It is a very simple and reliable device with an integrated high-capacity Li-Ion battery. The intelligent charge hardware negotiates with the connected port to execute the fastest and the most secure charge process possible.
A short and mild sound will be made during the startup process. This assures you that the equipment is running correctly.
You can witness the normal course of the Labex Harmony electrolarynx in this brief video.
Labex Harmony Electrolarynx: Battery capacity
When turning the On/Off switch to the On position, the unit performs a battery check. That is shown by the LED indicator on the Control Panel above both talk buttons.
Depending on the remaining capacity of the integrated battery, the color of the LED is as follows:
- If the battery charge is more than 50% of the capacity, the LED glows in green.
- In case the remaining capacity is between 25% and 50%, the LED glows in yellow.
- If the battery charge is between 10% and 25%, the LED glows in red.
- In case the remaining capacity is less than 10%, the LED lights up in red, but the sound is disabled to force charging the device.
The battery capacity allows more than 30 hours of speech time which usually is enough for 2 weeks of average speaking.
You can find all options and adjustments for Harmony electrolarynx on the product page.
In case you are lost in adjustments, it is always possible to revert the parameters to the factory default values. Just follow the steps enumerated above. You can perform all adjustments an unlimited number of times, including the factory reset operation:
Labex Harmony Electrolarynx: Charging process
If the battery is fully charged, you cannot check the functionality of Harmony. Check out the short video below to see what the charging process should look like.
- Note 1: Green LED next to the micro USB slot shows that the charger slot is properly connected to the power supply;
- Note 2: While when the Red LED is ON, the charging is not complete. The red LED goes OFF when the charging process is completed.
If the previous advice does not resolve your problem, we propose that you record a similar video using your phone to explain the issue. Create a ticket with our support system. Please provide us with a complete description of your issue, as well as a video, so that we can determine the best way to help you.
Please note that the serial number from the inside of the equipment should be visible in the video.
The Harmony unit is very shock-resistant. However, submerging it underwater may damage the unit. Inside the devices, there are special humidity sensors. They permanently change color from white to red, when getting wet. The following checks can be done only by the Labex Company or a local distributor authorized to perform repairs. Opening the device outside Labex authorized repair centers VOIDS the warranty. This part is for your information only.